Re: Suggestions for a Digital Camera under Linux

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Kris Kerwin wrote:

> I'm curious, does anyone have any suggestions for digital cameras, hopefully
> under $400, that work well with Linux?

	I've been very pleased with my Canon S110 Digital Elph.  Great
picture quality and it works great with gphoto.  The list of supported
cameras can be found here:

http://www.gphoto.org/doc/manual/FAQ.html

	For examples of picture quality (mostly outdoors):

http://fifarek.net/~rfifarek/gallery

> Also, I know that there are plenty of great GPL'd graphics editing programs;
> like gimp, etc; but I'm curious if there are any nice workshops strictly for
> photo editing?

	I use Gimp primarily, but I have rather simplistic needs
(typically just rotating the pic 90 degrees to get the correct
orientation).

--
Richard H. Fifarek
rfifarek@fifarek.net