Re: advisory: FC3 + hald + athlon

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 09:19:52AM -0600, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> My Athlon box is running RHEL3, which of course is a couple years behind
> FC3 in this regard. Restarting haldaemon on my P-III/M laptop displays
> [OK][OK] the way it's supposed to. Have you posted this question to the

Ah!  I neglected to mention that this works on all Intel CPUs that I
have access to: PII, Celeron, PIII, and P4.  They all work just fine.

> Fedora list yet? I wonder if what you're seeing might be specific to one
> type of hardware (besides the CPU), like maybe the chipset...?

Nah.  I haven't posted it there yet; I wanted to see if anyone *here*
was having the same issues before I brought it to their attention.
Even in the off-chance that someone across the globe may be having the
same problem, I'd like to have some people to refer to for bug reports
and hardware specs, etc.  Just my own personal paranoia...

I'm going to see about prodding my dad into seeing if it works on any
of his machines here shortly.

Nevertheless, rebuilding the .src.rpm fixed the problems that I had.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

    "Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt."
       (The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.)
			-- Ludwig Wittgenstein