Re: advisory: FC3 + hald + athlon

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 19:41 -0600, Nathaniel Reindl wrote:
> I don't know how many of you have encountered this in running FC3, but
> I kind of noticed that hald would stop running properly and just
> silently die after the first boot without any rhyme or reason.  That
> is, doing a ``service haldaemon restart'' would yield something
> similar to
>
> 	Stopping HAL daemon:                               [FAILED]
> 	Starting HAL daemon:                               [  OK  ]

Nate,

My Athlon box is running RHEL3, which of course is a couple years behind
FC3 in this regard. Restarting haldaemon on my P-III/M laptop displays
[OK][OK] the way it's supposed to. Have you posted this question to the
Fedora list yet? I wonder if what you're seeing might be specific to one
type of hardware (besides the CPU), like maybe the chipset...?

--Doc