Re: Trimming away bad sectors...

> Thanks for the link. Downloaded the src.rpm and rebuilt it for my
> machine. Then discovered an odd thing. Unlike the "real" dd, dd_rescue
> requires me to write to an output _file_ rather than stdout which can be
> piped to nc:

> Seems to me that trying to use dd_rescue to copy a 35G partition image
> to a file on a 48G drive will violate at least two laws of nature.

Well, you have the source code.... I don't see the problem if your requirements are different than the folks that wrote it.

The idea is that you'll write it to _another_ drive or another partition with space. They didn't think that _your_ idea of "another drive" would be one via netcat. :=)

Use the source, Luke...

Or, does the filename of, say, '-' (a dash), work as expected?

Mike/