Re: FC3 upgrade report

> (7) There were 19 .rpmnew files after the update. A bit tedious
> reconciling those, but you have to expect such things when you're
> upgrading. The only one that's a bother is merging /etc/bashrc.rpmnew
> with my heavily customized original.

Doc, I've found that keeping your home directory, startups and all in a CVS repository works wonders for merging in stuff like that.

The trick is to be able to 'cvs update' on your home directory is to create a new directory for your home directory "project" in CVS. Once you do that, you can move the CVS directory _up_ to your home directory. Then, get out of the now empty "project" directory, back in your home directory. Remove the project directory. Create a symbolic link (relative, of course) to ".", but give it the same name as the now removed project directory.

Now, your home directory is in CVS. Ta Da!

You'll probably want to create a .cvsignore and check it in....

Mike/