JSP, Tomcat, and Apache OH MY!

So, I need to learn how to do JSP. I know PHP, but work is dedicated to
Java tech. Anywho...

I have Fedora 2 running on a machine and I have Apache up and running. I
can and do serve up html and php using Apache already. So I can learn
how to do JSP, I have installed the tomcat server that comes with FC2.
So, how do I get it to work? I looked at server.xml and it looked like
it was running on 8080, but that port is unresponsive. What do I have to
do to get it up and running so I can start playing with jsp? I surfed
around and saw that there is an apache mod called jk2 that connects
apache and tomcat. Is that the way to go? Any suggestions on how to
easily start working with jsp is very welcome. I'd prefer to access all
of my content, html, php, jsp in the same way, (ie no separate ports and
so on...).

Thanks,
Ken Keefe