Re: Bad processes in Fedora 2

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:04, Ken Keefe wrote:
> Sometime I'll be using grip and it will hang. So I'll do an XKill and
> then go to a terminal and do a ps -A. In the process list, there will be
> a process labeled grip. I will do a kill -9 as my normal user and when
> that doesn't do anything, I'll do it as root. However, it still doesn't
> make the process go away. I thought that kill -9 was the end all, be
> all, of process termination. Any thoughts?

Ken,

'grip' or 'grep' ??

You may have to kill a parent process too, if there is one.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov