Re: Zaurus discontinued in US -- best PDAs for Linux desktops are PalmOS IMHO

> Because?
> [ Not questioning your preference, just interesting in details ]
>
> PalmOS was built for handhelds and it excels at it for me.

i have yet to use a palmos based pda that i liked.  just a personal
preference.  i liked the zaurus when i played with it, and i like the
windows ce based handhelds.  i have just never enjoyed using palm, it
always felt kludgy to me.

> It also has an entire suite of tools for syncing with everything from
> the Pilot suite to desktops to _direct_ support in connecting to
> networks (e.g., OpenGroupware.ORG/SKYRiX).
>
> > i loved the fact the zaurus ran linux
>
> I do not subscribe to the viewpoint "Linux for Linux's sake."
> I use the best solution for the job.

neither do i, but the idea being able to have a working shell on a pda
was a nice bonus.