Re: Installing Linux on RAID

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, clangin@siu.edu wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have obtained a four-year-old Dell server with three RAID
> drives on it.  This is my first experience with RAID.  The server
> currently has Windows on it.  I tried installing SuSE 9.1 and got
> the message that no hard disk was found.  I was wondering if
> there is something special that I have to do in order for SuSE
> to see the RAID?
>
> --Chet

Chet,

You need to check the HCL to see if a separate driver is required for the
array. If so, you may need to jump through some hoops to build (or
download and boot) the initial kernel version that will recognize the
array.

There is a small chance the array is NOT supported, so check now before
you expend any more effort.

	Lee