Re: Sendmail vs. Postfix vs. ?

Actually, qmail is a very, very good SMTP program that's very small,
fast and extremely secure (it's got a standing reward for anyone that
can hack it and it's not been hacked for more than 5 years) However,
it's licensing give people that only want the FREE as in
"no-one-will-ever-have-the-right-to-restrict-us-from-doing-anything-that-us-ever-want-to-do-with-it" don't like it, since the creator decided to release it, and it's code, but didn't release it under the GPL or a derivative thereof.

Also, it's been my experience (only recently, mainly due to laziness)
that Postfix is much easier to configure, especially for things like
spam prevention.

HTH,
Travis

Travis Owens <openbook@linuxmds.com>