Re: Sendmail vs. Postfix vs. ?

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:12:58 -0500 UTC (9/3/2004, 12:12 PM -0500 UTC my
time), Steven Pritchard in part wrote:

>> Sendmail comes built-in, and has no license restriction that make it
>> unpaletable to the BSD-style folks (as do Postfix and qMail).

S> Postfix has a completely open-source license.

S>   http://www.opensource.org/licenses/ibmpl.php

S> Qmail, on the other hand, has a standard
S> djb-knows-better-than-everyone-else license.

Lee, qmail is in the ports of FreeBSD and it is certainly usable/buildable
on every platform, as you can build from source as I do, every time I build
a server, as well as Yahoo, ebay, paypal, Ohio State Univ, Rediffmail (22
million subscribers), etc... I think even Gmail is using a hacked up version
of qmail also..

Steve just dislikes djb stuff, and many do.. Just like politics... hee, hee

--
Gary