Re: high speed internet carbondale

I just checked on their site to be sure, but Verizon is now claiming to offer
DSL 768/128 in Murphysboro.  I had gotten an email from them a month or 2 ago
claiming that they now service my area, this from a request around January of
this year, when they didn't offer it here.
$29.95 for 768/128, I didn't bother to dig for any hidden fees.

Also I had NEON for a while, and I never could get large downloads (600-700MB
isos) to complete, they always barfed a couple of hundred meg into the DL, no
matter where I was DL'ing from.
I could take my machine back to my folks house and download anything I wanted
with no problems (up by chicago on cable modem), then come back home to NEON
and the DL's would just never complete.  No changes to my PC, running DHCP,
just plug into my folks net and go.
I never persued the matter.
I also had to get them to upgrade my connection, I was paying for 1.5 down,
but was only getting 768 down.
Ten minutes on the phone cleared that up, once I got a chance to call them.

Matt