Postfix help needed

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my email straightened out, and want/need some help.

Here's the overview:

I have several domains hosted on a KSPEI UML host. In my zone files it looks like the following:

In db.domain1.ext:
  domain1.ext. MX 0 domain1.ext.
  www          MX 0 domain1.ext.
  uml          MX 0 domain1.ext.

In db.domain2.ext:
  domain2.ext. MX 0 domain2.ext.
  www          MX 0 domain2.ext.

Each "machine" in the domain is sent to the canonical domain host. All of the
machines are really just "A" records for the same IP - that of the UML.

The canonical reverse-ip name for the UML is www.domain1.ext.

I really don't want to put www.domain1.ext. as the MX host for domain2.

I *think* I have postfix setup to accept SMTP email going to these domains, but a second set of eyes wouldn't hurt.

There's the usual aliases - info, sales, www, abuse, etc. that all go to my local account username in /etc/postfix/aliases.

In /etc/postfix/virtual:
domain1.ext anything
webmaster@domain1.ext alice
info@domain1.ext      alice
domain2.ext anything
webmaster@domain2.ext alice
info@domain2.ext      alice
bob@domain2.ext       bob

I have a question about the interaction between aliases and virtual, and I think that the correct answer is that the aliases are only valid for the canonical hostname -- i.e. www.domain1.ext. Could someone verify/explain if different?

And here's the interesting bits from my main.cf:

 myorigin = $mydomain
 inet_interfaces = all
 mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain $mydomain
 alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
 alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
 virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
 smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.pem
 smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.pem
 smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/smtpd.pem
 smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
 smtpd_use_tls = yes
 smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks reject_unknown_client
 smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks reject_unknown_client

And from master.cf:
 smtp  inet n - y - - smtpd
 smtps inet n - n - - smtpd
   -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

Q1: What's the difference between alias_maps and alias_database?
Q2: I want users to connect with TLS and auth with their normal passwords, basically. I *think* the above does that, but only from localhost.

Q3: I want users for domain2.ext to use "domain2.ext" as their outgoing SMTP mailserver using TLS smtp (i.e. port 465). This isn't working. What do I need to do/change to make that happen?

Q4: I want users for domain2.ext to use "domain2.ext" as their incoming POP or IMAP server using TLS pop3 (pop3s, port 995) or TLS imap (imaps, port 993). This appears to be setup properly via proper xinetd.conf settings, so at this point the problem is apparently in the delivery to the proper mailbox. This doesn't appear to be working, per Q2.

Anyone want to help walk me through the settings/changes for postfix?

Feel free to work on http://www.archlug.org/kwiki/PostfixProblem

Mike/