Re: Missing something

"Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote ..
> For the record, RHEL's startup script ...

Ah. I thought you were asking about 'named'.
Not 'named-as-implemented-on-RHEL'.

Sorry I can't really help you on the RHEL goofy-ness.

And adding a 'reload' or 'restart' option to the /etc/init.d/rndc script shouldn't really be too difficult. The 'restart' should simply do a 'stop' and then a 'start'. The 'reload' should send a HUP to the named pid. Does it stuff the pid somewhere into a pidfile? Or just pull it from the following:

kill -HUP `/bin/ps -C named -o pid=`

Mike/