Re: wifi, knoppix, WEP

i would open up a terminal, su - to root, and use iwconfig

however that is what that knoppix util uses unfortunately :\

you could try it by hand to see if maybe you can figure something more out.
also try running airsnort or kismet and see what they see (you can also put
your wep keys into each and see if they can decode the frames, maybe the key
you are using has transposed digits from the real key)