Re: Forums Software?

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 05:28:20PM -0500, fiaid@quasi-sane.com wrote:
> 	What I am looking for is a good piece of easy to manage software
> that won't take too much time to set up and is relatively secure.  I have
> worked with phpNuke and others before, but I am looking for something
> pretty basic and easy to use.

phpNuke just sucks.  I won't even get into how low it is on the food
chain at this point.  Let's not even mention the securi-- oh,
nevermind.

Anyway, as far as community discussion goes, phpBB works okay.  I
guess.  Be prepared to face several SQL queries per request, though.

You may want to look into Drupal if you're into the whole news,
community, forum thing, ala SomethingAwful or Slashdot or similar.

Just a thought.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

    "Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt."
       (The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.)
			-- Ludwig Wittgenstein