Re: learning MySQL

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:26:22 -0500 (CDT), Erich Schroeder wrote:

> As for books, there are sooo many available it's hard to say. My
> preference is for the "cookbook" style because I tend not to go
> through lessons but jump in. So the ones I use most are the "PHP
> Cookbook" (O'Reilly) and the "PHP Developers Cookbook" (SAMS), and
> the "Mysql Cookbook" (O'Reilly). The New Riders "Mysql" book is
> also a great reference. Maybe someone else will have good tutorial
> book suggestions. Really, everything you need will be online,
> assuming that you like to read online documentation.

I delved into both PHP and MySQL at the same time. I found this very
helpful:

Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL
http://www.sitepoint.com/books/phpmysql1/

It walks you through developing a web based app with PHP and MySQL.
Lots of code examples to learn from and borrow for your own purposes.

Tim