Re: Publicly usable DNS servers -- UUNet caching DNS (any net, 5+

From: Matt Wehland <mjw@littlegrassy.com>
> Does anyone know of a couple of publicly usable DNS servers that I can use for
> lookups?
> I'm back on dialup for now, and have problems with their DNS servers, so I
> would just like to point to some decent ones and use them.
> When I try googling for 'DNS servers, public useable, accessable' and some
> other terms, all I get is results for DNS server software, not a list of DNS
> servers.
> I used to have a list of some that I would use, but that got lost when I left
> winblows behind.

I have used the following two UUNet caching DNS server for the past 5
years on _any_ network  (AOL, AT&T, Comcast, Earthlink, MCI, Sprint,
TimeWarner, etc...) without issue.

  198.6.1.2
  198.6.1.3

They are also _very_easy_ to remember.  ;-ppp

--
Time to switch: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/switch.html