Re: [Fwd: [DISCUSS] Free Computer and Electronics Recycling]

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 15:04, fiaid@quasi-sane.com wrote:

> > I've got a whole bunch of dead monitors I'm gonna get rid of now...
> >

> have you taken to shooting monitors as well?  speaking of monitors, does
> anyone have a recommendation for a 20+ in that displays 1600x1200 at
> >75Hz?  my beautiful 21in baby is slowly dying on me.

I have a pair of ViewSonic P815s. They can go as high as 1800x1440
non-interlaced, and are well supported by both XFree86 and x.org at
1600x1200. These have 0.25mm true circular dot pitch, not the
rectangulars common to Trinitrons. Both VGA 15-pin and RGB 5xBNC inputs,
so they'll work with both Sun & Apple (with adapter).

The only reason I'm considering parting with these beauties is that, as
a pair, they're physically too big and heavy for my new computer desk.

They're in perfect working order. One has a cosmetic crack in the
plastic grill vents on top where my late cat insisted on sleeping. (No,
that's not how she died.)

Interested?