Re: apt cache folder

On Thursday, Jul 8, 2004, at 17:07 US/Central, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Hmm...  Perhaps I should have also mentioned the following, from
> apt-get(8):
>
>        -o
>        --option
>               Set  a Configuration Option; This will set an arbitrary
> configu-
>               ration option. The syntax is -o Foo::Bar=bar.

Read through that man page several times, too, among others.  Also
looked at the files in /usr/share/docs/apt*.  All the dots were there,
just a bit too distant for me to connect them until you posted your
example.

As an example of the dots being there but not connect, it's not clear
to me if I can or cannot specify the same option more than once and in
order.  For example, to search a series of cache directories (like a
cache path), this might be possible:

   $ apt-get install -o Dir::Cache=/home/apt -o
Dir::Cache=/nfs/apt/cache upgrade

I wonder if this will first search the /home/apt and then the
/nfs/apt/cache folders for previously downloaded rpm files.  At some
point, I'll have to try this.

Regards,
- Robert