CPU Jitters...

So I am running Mandrake 10.0 Official on my laptop. It is a 2.2 GHz P4
with 512megs of ram and a 32 meg AGP Radeon video card. When I was
running 9.2 I experienced absolutely no performance problems.

However, since I have installed 10.0, I have been experiencing some
keyboard lag about once every 10 seconds. I will be typing something and
all of a sudden the keyboard won't respond for a split second and when
it does return to me, it usually has printed two of the last characters
I just typed. It is really strange. It makes it so I can't write without
constantly having to make sure that I don't haave dupplicatee
lettters!!!

Also, I have KSysguard running in the background and my cpu usage has
many spikes one right after the other. Not sure if that helps or not.
Can anyone offer suggestions for tracking down what the problem is? Is
it maybe possible to increase the priority of keyboard input?

Any help wouldd be greatly appreciated!

Ken Keefe