automated installer

Hi everyone,
    I'm wondering if there is anything in Linux distros that would work
in this situation.  I have a client who wants to have a Linux server
serving our product, but they want to know NOTHING about Linux.  They
also don't want to continue to pay me to support it.  So they want some
kind of "recovery" disk that would reinstall the server from scratch,
including OS and my web application.  There is no user data that would
need to be saved.  They just want some kind of disk that they can slap
into the drive on boot up and follow a few (very few and dead simple)
instructions, press a few (the less the better!) keys, and voila!  Their
server is restored.

    I'm thinking that the best way is going to be to use some kind of
disk imager to just slap it back to some point when everything was
installed and working correctly.  But I know that RedHat had their
"kickstart" installer that would automatically pick the correct options
for your machine.  Although, in doing that, wouldn't you need to ensure
that the hardware stayed the same?  Is there anything similar for Debian
or other distros?

    Thanks for any advice you might have.

-Will Mulvihill