Re: MySQL / Perl / Apache

On Sunday, Jun 6, 2004, at 19:56 US/Central, Harold Crouch wrote:
> I'm looking for an ISP that offers MySQL / Perl / Apache services.

I guess I'm confused on terminology.  I thought an ISP provides
connectivity to the Internet, e.g. dial-up, whereas a hosting company
provides storage and services, e.g LAMP.  Of course, many ISPs also
provide services, e.g. Earthlink providing webspace.

What this means is that you could host LAMP yourself as long as your
ISP gives you a static IP address, sufficient bandwidth, and doesn't
block any ports.

Regards,
- Robert