my experience upgrading to Fedora Core 2

I decided to give FC2 a shot on my notebook (the Winbook X4).  Overall
the upgrade seems to have gone fairly smoothly, but there were a
couple of somewhat major problems.

The touchpad didn't work correctly after the upgrade.  Tapping didn't
cause a mouse click, although otherwise it was working well enough to
be usable.  The solution to this seems to be to install the synaptics
driver for X (available here:
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/ although I'll be putting
a rpm for it in my apt repository ASAP) and follow the included
INSTALL document (with one exception - use /dev/input/mice instead of
/dev/psaux).

The only other issue I had was that the orinoco driver still doesn't
drive my Prism2 built-in wireless well enough to really be usable, so
I had to update my kernel-module-hostap package in order to use it on
2.6.

There are some good things now too:

  * The scroll buttons now work on my touchpad.

  * ACPI is much better on FC2 than it was on FC1.  The power button
    now seems to do a proper shutdown, the LCD actually shuts off when
    the system is idle, suspend-to-ram works (echo mem >
    /sys/power/state), and probably other stuff I haven't noticed yet.

I'm sure there will be more, but I haven't had much of an opportunity
to actually *use* the system yet.  :-)