I screwed up

I wanted to increase my resolution on my Dell Laptop.  So I changed the
monitor type in Fedora Core 1 from Dell Laptop 1024x768  to Dell Laptop
1280x1024.   Whne I rebooted,  I have NO graphics whatsoever.   I can boot
fine,  and I can hear it beep when it gets to the logon screen, but i can't
see anything graphical.  I can see GRUB,  I can see the kernel loading, but
after it says "Press I for interactive setup"  the screen goes black, (but
the hardware keeps the backlighting on)

I know I have to fix the XF86Config file,  but I cannot see anyting to get
there.   Is there a command I can append to one of my boot loader lines in
GRUB to get linux to ONLY use a text session?  can I override the default of
booting into X?

I have tried to logon to Linux (blindly)  and then after the hard drive
stops spinning,  I use <CRTL> <ALT> <F1> ...<F6>  but none of the virtual
terminals come up.

Help!  I'm stuck using only Windows until this is fixed!

Thanks,
Ray