coLinux+Debian+WinXP+TAP networking

Hello Casey,

On Friday, May 7, 2004, at 00:56 US/Central, Casey Boone wrote:
> actually with the exception of the networking, it works just fine
> here.  havent been able to get it to network with the xp box it is
> installed on.  i have tested it on 2 different xp boxes though, worked
> fine except for networking as i said (didnt test networking on the
> other box, wasnt my box and didnt have alot of time to play).

I was able to install coLinux on an XP box with TAP networking.  It
took a bit of slight-of-hand, but it does work:

   http://colinux.org/wiki/index.php/PreBuiltBundles#S03

I also was able to install X11, vnc, and fluxbox on colinux on WinXP.
I don't have any screenshots, but I do have instructions.  See the
section "Installing coLinux-20040429 with TAP networking and X11 on
Windows XP":

   http://cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?CoLinux

As mentioned before, just because it worked for me does not mean it
will work for you.  So please let the list know how things turn out,
both good and bad.

Regards,
- Robert
http://cwelug.org