Re: upgrading to Fedora Core 1 with apt

This talk of RH8 reminds me that I have one machine still running 8. This
one is an HP ProLiant ml330 that, according to HP, requires their driver
for the CSB-6 ATA-100 IDE RAID (it shows up as lsicsb6 in an lsmod).
The standard install cd/disks don't boot--you download disk images from
HP. Driver and disk image are available at:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19110.html

Anyway, HP was planning to only certify this with RH8, Redhat Enterprise
Linux, and some enterprise version of Suse. Now, I'd be just as happy to
disable the onboard CSB-6 Ultra ATA-100 IDE RAID controller, maybe install
some commonly supported IDE RAID card and run FC1. Anyone know if that is
possible?

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/