Re: upgrading to Fedora Core 1 with apt

Quoting Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org>:
> I seriously question the "adequate" bit there, unless the Fedora
> Legacy people have updated rpm (like Red Hat would never do for some
> *insane* reason).  Without a newer version of rpm, RH8 is extremely
> likely to eat the rpm database.  At the very least, rpm deadlocks on a
> disturbingly regular basis.

"Adequate" is _always_ relative.  ;-ppp

In general, running RHL8 is like running a .0 release of old.  RHL9 is what I
consider the "bare minimum" for today, much like a .1 release of old.

But I'm still running RHL8 on my main home file/app server because of the 24x7
operational requirement of it (yes, I know ;-).  Fedora Legacy has not failed me
yet there.  I'm going to upgrade it to FC1 next month.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- b.j.smith@ieee.org
Engineer, Technologist and School Teacher