Interview with Jono Bacon of KDE

Interesting take on desktop software here.

Excerpt:

The problem I have seen with KDE recently has been an overload of
features that I suspect the target audience will not need. The term
target audience is always an interesting concept to get clear in your
head, and this concept gets considerably more difficult when you take
into account the vast range of users that KDE has amassed. The problem
with a project such as KDE and GNOME is that they are essentially trying
to please all the users all of the time.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/4750
--
"Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor."