Interview with MPAA's Jack Valente

Here's something from /. you don't see every day.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V124/N20/ValentiIntervie.20f.html

Anyone who remembers where they were when Kennedy was shot also knows
who Jack Valente is. No, he didn't shoot Kennedy. In 1968, less than two
years after taking over as the president of the Motion Picture
Association of America, he replaced the Hays Office (Hollywood's
censors) with the movie rating system we use today.

He was also Congressman Sonny Bono's largest financial backer for the
Digital Millenium Copyright Act, which IMHO rivals the Patriot Act as
one of the worst threats to personal freedom since "Tailgunner Joe"
McCarthy and J. Edgar Hoover.

After reading this interview I was amazed by how little Valente seems to
know about Linux. He seriously believes there must be  CSS-licensed DVD
players for Linux. Maybe -- just maybe -- there's some glimmer of hope
that he can be educated about Linux and turned back from The Dark Side.

--Doc