Re: cvs hand-holding needed

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 11:41:35AM -0500, dsavage@peaknet.net wrote:
> know if there's a "CVS In Three Easy Steps" anywhere? All I need to know

Pretty much, it just involves knowing your auth method, the target
host, and the path.

For example, during our little coding period for robotics, we used CVS
as such:

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ export CVSROOT=:ext:kleio.corvidae.org:/home/cvs/robot
$ cvs co somemod

As far as Mozilla is concerned, I'm not totally sure exactly what they
do, but it looks like they use the pserver method for authentication.
Also, I've found it to be a good idea to create a directory somewhere
and cd to that directory before pulling something down from CVS, but
that's just a practice I use.

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot
$ cvs login
Password:
$ cvs co somemod

You'll have to look up the module names for whatever stuff you're
talking about.  Hopefully, this helps a little.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

"Du weisst doch, dass du es lesen willst, und mach was du musst, weil
es das einzige Ding wird, das du machen wirst."