Re: License problems with Pine MUA?

> At any rate, I guess my big concern is
> will Pine be maintained for the next few years or is it in danger of being
> phased out because it is excluded by certain distros?

Nobody is forced to exclude Pine. Maybe it's being "phased out", as you say,
because people aren't interested in it anymore?

As a *BSD fan, Jonathan, you should recognize this is simply "survival of the
fittest" in action. Good code survives. Bad code does not. If pine is useful for
a significant population, it will survive. If not, it won't. In any case, as an
individual user of Pine, you will continue to have access to the source code you
using by making a copy of it for yourself. The same is true of any
source-licensed software (commercial or GPL or not).

I'm not saying pine is bad code or isn't a good MUA. Just that maybe we've
(collectively) moved on (not necessarily consciously) in our MUA expectations
with the advent of GUIs.

Mike/