Re: License problems with Pine MUA?

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 09:24:45AM -0500, Drews, Jonathan* wrote:
> I read through University of Washington's license here and it
> seemed OK:
> http://www.washington.edu/pine/overview/legal.html

If you read through it again, you'll notice that pine falls into that
almost-but-not-quite-open-source category.  They don't allow
unrestricted redistribution, they don't allow re-use of the pine code
in other projects, and it doesn't look like they even allow
unrestricted modifications to the pine source.

>  My question: Is there some reason I should not be using Pine?

Probably not.  There's a good reason why nobody distributes it anymore
though.