Getting Mutt to send with Postfix

Hi:

 I can send and recieve mail with Pine but only recieve mail with Mutt. I
have this default entry in my ~/.muttrc:
#set sendmail="/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -oem"      # how to deliver mail

I see that the -oi is to ignore periods as commands:

       -oi    When  reading  a message from standard input, don't
              treat a line with only a . character as the end  of
              input.

I can't figure out what the -oem is. At any rate can I safely uncomment
the above line and just use it or will my e-mail get destroyed?

 TIA
 Jonathan