Re: Does Microsoft thwart Intel initiatives?

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 19:34, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> It got worse.  You should _read_ up on the fate of young Go.
> It seems they were involved with some particular litigation with a company
> out of Redmond.  They ran out of funds before they could see their lawsuit
> to fruition.
> FYI, if you use the "PocketPC" operating system, fka "Windows CE," you're
> using unlicensed Go technology.  Yes, the "Windows-H" is nothing more than,
> well, "borrowed" Go technology.  ;-ppp

FYI, I wrote _all_ of my previous message _before_ reading the NYTimes
article.  If you'll note this passage ...

  "Other evidence presented by the plaintiffs' lawyers at trial
   yesterday gave an account of how Microsoft violated a signed
   secrecy agreement with Go and showed that Microsoft possessed
   technical documents from Go that it should not have had access
   to."

Microsoft _breaks_ contract law _everyday_.  They do it because they are
big.  Corel, Digital, Digital Research, Go, Micrografx and countless
other firms in the '90s.  This is _reality_ people.

IBM, as much as we love them for their Linux endeavors, did the
_same_thing_ to SCO as well.  As much as we now hate SCO for the "Linux
smearing" they did, understand that IBM wasn't "innocent" in the
matter.**

-- Bryan

**P.S.  Although what SCO is now doing, as of January 2004, by trying to
_outlaw_ our right to "digital assembly" in the form of the GPL makes
everything else mute.  SCO must be _destroyed_ as they have forsaken all
that is American, the rights of others.  At least IBM has taken the
"best road" by _not_ capitulating into SCO's demands, even though IBM
could easily buy the company.  They want to prove to the world that GPL
is good and right, and it is _very_American_ -- the right to _choose_ to
be part of a larger community, especially in a capitalistic society.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- Engineer, Technologist, School Teacher
b.j.smith@ieee.org