Re: Xandros 2.0 on Dell Latitude LS

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:22:45PM -0800, Bonnie Saunders wrote:
> WiFi card -- Steve warned me the card I bought might not be recognized
> and he was correct. No worries. Steve also said he'd walk me through
> the process to upgrade so it will. Steve, if the fix for the WiFi card
> is something I can attempt on my own, could you email me the details?

Given that Xandros is really Debian, you might be able to install the
Debian hostap-driver package.  (I see it is available as source from
backports.org, so that route will almost certainly work.)

Otherwise, hit http://hostap.epitest.fi/ and grab the source.  Make
sure you have kernel source matching your running kernel installed.
Untar the source and follow the included instructions to build.  (Note
that I would *only* do this if *absolutely* necessary.  It's always
better to let other people do the work for you.  :)

If those instructions are unsuitably vague, feel free to let me know.
(For that matter, feel free to give me a call if you want to drop by
and let me take care of it.  ;)