Re: review of Gentoo

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 22:59, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 07:24:09PM -0600, Nate Reindl wrote:
> > Then again, I disagree totally about running Gentoo on a server.
> > Well, at least having it on a production box; that stuff should be
> > left to things like Red Hat (not even Fedora... yet) and Debian.
>
> Repeat after me...  Fedora Core 1 is just Red Hat 10.  Fedora Core 1
> is just Red Hat 10...

On that note, can I safely upgrade from Red Hat 9 to Fedora Core 1. I
have been running Red Hat 9 for awhile and am happy with it. However, I
have been wanting to upgrade my laptop to Red Hat 10 (grin Fedora) but
the upgrade from the CD failed. Should I use apt or yum? My install is
fairly generic but I have upgraded evolution and installed a few
packages.