Re: Question about networking...

> All of the lines with the "zcip" on it are all new. Can someone explain
> what is going on? It really slows down my boot up. Any suggestions for
> speeding things back up?

what i want to know is why in the hell you are using the 127 class A
broadcast address for your ip address.  what OS are you in?  what program
were you using to effect changes to your networking?  it really looks like
some 3rd party thing barfed all over your init scripts and added some crap
that doesn't need to be there.

> Another odd thing is that when I do ifconfig, I get the following two
> entries. What is eth0:9??? I used to get this same thing when I was
> struggling to get my wireless card working, ath0 and ath0:9.

eth0:9 is a subinterface on your card.  think of it as a virtual nic
which you can assign an IP address too and will be able to use as you
would any other nic in your machine.  why do you need a ath0 and an ath0:9
for your wireless card?

Tighe

--
Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."