Re: P2P (was: one more thing ... )

On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 04:26  PM, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Unfortunately that's just one of those topics where people tend to be
> in violent disagreement.  It's probably a topic best left for a
> meeting where a) people usually won't get too excited, and b) there's
> a natural time limit to the discussion.  :-)

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to agree with you.  :(

> While I don't (exactly) disagree, I haven't been able to convince
> myself to actually use anything like BitTorrent.  All of those
> programs just seem like a big gaping hole waiting for someone to take
> advantage of it.

Interesting.  In what way do you envision someone take advantage of it?
  How do you see BT being different from, say, an http or ftp service?
Personally, I've used BT without problems.  In fact, it's worked really
well for me when I've used it.  And I keep my downloader running after
I'm finished so that it uploads data to others.

Regards,
- Robert