Linux dialers, was barriers

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 00:31, Robert Citek wrote:
> Sorry.  My bad.  What I meant is an Internet connection directly to MS
> via phone (modem).  I haven't used Windows in a while.  But I remember
> it was super-simple to connect to MSN (or whatever the MS ISP is
> called) via the modem.  In fact, it took some hunting to figure out how
> to connect to an ISP other than MS.
 That is certainlt not the case with SuSE and it's Kinternet modem
interface. It's easy to set up a modem. Lycoris and Libranet were easy
to set up too. Here is great resource.

AT&T W.U.R.D. has setup here.
http://www.wurd.com/instcon_linuxkppp.php

There is also wvdial which is included in some distros.

> The point of me asking the question of what are the barriers is to
> identify what they are and then figure out how to address them.

The best way to do that is to use a Linux desktop on a routine basis.
Nothing beats first hand experience.