Re: Xandros 2.0

On Sunday, March 7, 2004, at 12:10  PM, Stephen D. Reindl wrote:
> I hate to admit it but the answer is here ....
>
> http://www.archlug.org/kwiki/XandrosInstallation-Thinkpads
>
> Looks like the ThinkPad won't be getting Xandros put on the spare hard
> drive.

Why not?  The answer is indeed in the above link.  Create a boot floppy
from image on the Xandros CD, boot from that floppy, and continue from
the CD.  Xandros 2.0 Deluxe installed just fine on an IBM Think-Pad
770x:

   http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?Xandros

So far, everything seems to be working, including installing MS Office
XP (doesn't work with Office 2003).

Regards,
- Robert