Re: OT: Installing NetBSD 1.6.2

Stephen:

 I see here that there are NetBSD desktops. It comes with Kde 3.2, Gnome
2.4.1 and Xfce-4.0.3.

http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/in-Action/

Is Nate around ? Maybe he knows about this?

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 16:09, Stephen D. Reindl wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> Are you using a network appliance OS as a desktop? NetBSD, as far as I
> know, was meant to be a secure OS for use on router/firewalls. Maybe
> FreeBSD 4.9 is a better choice.
>
> And now back to your regular linux channel

My take is that the *BSD's are not all that bad. My FreeBSD thinkpad
works well. BTW The Harmony WiFi card I got from Steven Pritchard works
*perfectly* in FreeBSD 4.9. I have no reason to doubt that it will work
very well in 5.2.

--
				Kind regards,
				Jonathan