Re: Penguin Cartoon

On Monday March 1, 2004 Kara Pritchard wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, jlawler wrote:
>
>> maybe help someone with what I know.  I'm not here for jokes, stories,
>> forwards, etc, etc that have nothing to do with linux.
>
> Bah, don't worry about it.  It was my faux pas, and the list
> administrator  (sitting across the room for me) already made that point
> to me, and I  already admitted the accident.  His policy is to moderate
> (permanently)  all posters who fail the OT: policy, and if I wasn't the
> list-admin  responsible for paying all the bills to make all of SILUG's
> resources  available, I'd probably be booted too :-)
>
> So, don't fret.  SILUG will still be a good resource for you. :-)
>
> My typing fingers have been slapped...

Kara,

As long as we leave sex, religion, and politics well enough alone and
observe a fair amount of common sense in everything else, we'll all get on
just fine. Heck, we even tolerate BSD on this Linux list (just kidding,
Jonathan!).

Example: Some might consider the choice of ISPs as OT. But your suggestion
to try WisperISP has turned out to be the best thing that's happened to
computing at my house since it became a Microsoft-Free-Zone. For that you
get a gold star.

Now go soak your fingers...

--Doc