Re: SpamAssassin Corruption?

On 19 Feb 2004 Ken Hagan wrote:
> Perhaps adding a script that uses wordnet to determine if
> there are no sentences with verbs in the message?  One could
> easily develop a decent grammar to check the grammar in the
> message and determine that there are no intelligible sentences
> and assume that the message is probably spam.

Given the example, I'd suggest a more elegant approach would
focus on statistical calculation of word length.  Average word
length alone would determine the example text outta range for
ordinary English.  I believe a certain absence of two and three
letter words would flag it at no expense to communicative text
in most any language using a Latin character set.

However, a test for intelligible language would be obstructive
to encrypted email which is unintelligible by design.