Re: Fedora Core 2 - test 1

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 05:36:22PM -0600, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> FC2t1 is our first beta look at the 2.6 kernel, Gnome 2.5, and Evolution
> 1.5.3.

KDE 3.2 (beta) also.  And then there's all the SELinux stuff (although
that's disabled by default in test1).

> These sound promising, but from what I've been reading on the
> fedora-test-list, this release is [not] very stable or functional.
> There are dozens of reports about wheel mice not working at boot time,
> Nautilus crashing, extremely slow operation, ...

There are a lot of new bits there...  It's not surprising that people
are going to have problems.  That's why I (think I) suggested to you
the other day that most people might just want to avoid it.

That said, I've been running a rawhide 2.6 kernel for over a month now
on one of my servers...  It has been completely stable.

Oh, and keep in mind that the final release of FC2 is supposed to be
only 2 months from now...

  http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/