Re: Windows goes open source

looks like its from a company called mainwin, they are the guys who actually
wrote the IE4 for unix that was released.  given the size of the archive
though, no way this is a complete source set for 2k.  it takes 30 megs to
archive the linux kernel source so you can compile a file under 1 meg.  i
would bet a full archive for 2k source code would be in the 10s of gigs
range, maybe even 100s of gigs (uncompressed).  in any event, i am REALLY
curious as to how this got leaked.  I have serious doubts to anyone at
mainwin doing this on purpose given how easy it would be (and how easy it
actually turned out to be) to track down.

this is a bad thing for linux development :\ "your honor the defendents,
codeweavers, could not have contributed to WINE without having read through
the sourcecode of ours which was illegally leaked out to the internet..."

Casey

im hoping damage gets minimized