Re: Dell Linux blog -- Bull! This is just unexplainable!

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 21:33, Jonathan wrote:
> "I'm thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with
> anti-Linux. ... they should do a delicate dance," Kempin wrote to
> Ballmer, in what is sure to be a memorable addition to the phrases
> ("knife the baby", "cut off the air supply") with which Microsoft
> enriched the English language in the first trial. Unlike those two, this
> is not contested.
> The DOJ knows what is going on and they are going to let it continue.

The DOJ _never_ did what it should.  That's the problem.  The DOJ got
caught up in competitor stuff, instead of the consumer/OEM issues that
_really_ matter.

Why?  Because it is government.  It is a beuracracy that listens more to
lobbying dollars, such as those from Microsoft competitors, than its
constituents.  The only balance is to limit the power of government to
influence private industry, which means to limit the government's size.

Because, in the end, the OEMs themselves cause their own issues.  There
is no such thing as a free lunch.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- Engineer, Technologist, School Teacher
b.j.smith@ieee.org