Re: People accuse me of being a "Microsoft apologizer" ...

> The 2 Intel engineers said Microsoft used this tactic because if they
> prevented Dell from selling Linux outright, they'd get caught red-handed,
> but if they prevented Dell from selling configurations that consumers
> wanted, Dell could then say it tried but they didn't sell.

I see. You mean like the overpriced, over-restrictive DRM-encased "super" audio
CDs, self-destructing DVDs, and the time-limited, platform-limited, and
user-limited licensing schemes promoted for "digital download content"
by the RIAA and the MPAA and sold *at the same price* as the comparable,
unrestricted use ISO9660 CD Audio format we all know and love, which was
designed to be a less expensive alternative than the venerable vinyl we used to
all know and love. Well, it is, but only for the manufacturers, not the consumers.

In part, this is why there is a still-as-of-two-years-now class action
settlement against several prominant RIAA members for illegal collusion and
price manipulation in CDs. See http://www.musiccdsettlement.com/

And this is why Apple's iMusic and the like stores will never "succeed". They
will be rejected by the marketplace just like DivX "self-destroying time-limited
DVDs" was.

All so the RIAA and the MPAA can say "We tried to sell our music and movies
online, but nobody was interested in paying $14.95 for a CD and $29.95 for a
one-week "digital rental" of our content. See? We tried. It's just not
profitable, and with all that pirating going on...

Arrrrggggghhhhh, Matey. Hoist those dogs up on the yardarm.

If only the DOJ had the backbone to stand up to abusive U.S. corporations
the way that our President had the cojones to stand up to abusive dictators
reputedly with the capability to possibly produce weapons of mass destruction,
well, except for Korea and Pakistan. ;}

Mike/