Re: Dell Linux blog -- People weren't buying them because the

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 12:30, Dwight Talbert wrote:

> Hi, as any tryed  the Linux system from www.Walmart.com or the
> computers that they sell with out any OS.

Yes:

 I have a WalMart desktop here, that I bought a few years ago. I have
installed Mandrake, Lycoris, SuSE, Libranet and several versions of
FreeBSD on it. They work OK but the keyboards are kind of skimpy.

If you are thinking of getting a Linux compatible Desktop system, then
my sincere advice is that you get it form http://www.kspei.com/ , Kara
and Steven Pritchard. These boxes are a little more expensive than the
WalMart's but they will run Linux very well. KSPEI uses very good
components and the quality is very good. Furthermore, they can install
and configure Fedora Core 1 for you and it will work very well.

 NOTE: I don't get anything from KSPEI for saying this. I just mention
it because I have friends who own KSPEI hardware and it runs Linux very
well.