Re: What then must we do? -- it's a conspiracy against Windows

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 19:16, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> I will not spend a dime with Best Buy. Not even the crappy loss leaders.
> I will not spend a dime with Office Depot. Not even the crappy loss leaders.

Actually, I _only_ go there for the "loss headers."

I specifically make sure I _only_ buy the "loss headers."
As the salespeople try to "tackle" me with other things, I just ignore
them.

If I take my wife along, and she finds something while we're there, I'm
sure to state to her very loudly, "Okay hon, I'll take you to { CompUSA,
etc... } and you can buy it there.  Remember we're only here to buy X,
which is something they are losing money on.  I hope they think it is
worth it because { Best Buy, Office Depot } refuses to stock the
software and hardware products we actually need due to their marketing
alignments and pay offs from vendors like Microsoft."

The salespeople hate me.  They even have the balls to try to correct me.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- Engineer, Technologist, School Teacher
b.j.smith@ieee.org